6 Ingredient Swap
Updated: Feb 8
We're more than just the best workout music, exercise music and workout radio company in history. We actually care about your physical fitness and you reaching all of your goals. There is a common misconception that the "type" of food is unhealthy and that's not true at all. Ingredients are unhealthy but we can make any type of food healthy assuming that we use good ingredients. Here are the things to avoid.
Refined sugars - Sugar is actually an anti-nutrient that drains and leaches the body of precious vitamins. Access sugar affects every organ in the body. Excess sugar ends up in your blood stream damaging your arteries, pancreas and then eventually gets turned into fat on your belly, butt and thighs. Look for ingredients like Corn Syrup, High fructose corn syrup, sugar, and dextrose.
Artificial Sweeteners- Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Splenda - All of these are "artificial sweeteners" that rob the body of nutrients big time and are linked to the results of Cancer, dizziness, headaches, memory loss, and the list goes on.
Hydrogenated oils - Canola Oil, soybean, vegetable, cottonseed, and safflower are highly processed and rancid. Trans fats that are found in partially hydrogenated fats and oils. They are dangerous because they affect your brain function, metabolism, and cell function. They have been linked to a wide array of healthy dangers such as birth defects, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, learning disabilities, digestive disorders, obesity, sexual dysfunction, skin reactions, increased cholesterol levels and immune system impairment.
Processed grains / White stuff - White bread, white pasta, white rice, carbs are important part of your diet but you main source of carbs should be coming from fruits and vegetables rather than refined grains. - These have been linked to diseases of the heart, kidneys, liver, pancreas, ADHD, bone loss, depression, diabetes, celiac disease, and gluten intolerance. These hurt you more than they help.
Pasterized Dairy - SCARY DAIRY! - Dairy gets a bad name in many workout circles due to the complications of how the majority of dairy is prepared today. Pasteurization denatures the milk by destroying the vitamin A completely, more than a third of the vitamin B, all of the phosphatase enzyme which is needed to absorb calcium and essentially gives you a liquid that sort of tastes what you expect it to taste like. However.. if you have a source for unpasterized milk... you'll be pleasantly surprised how nourishing that tastes.
Conventional Meats + Eggs - These are packed with nitrates, hormones, and larger animal anitbiotics. Animals raised in less than good conditions or animals that are bred for the sole purpose of being food, are usually kept confined 24/7 and with poor quality of food and the close quarters, the sickness spreads like wild fire... consequently then farmers use antibiotics to keep the animals alive and then that is found in the source of the meat.
Food Additives - Usually listed as "Yellow 5" and monosodium glutamate.
HERE'S HOW TO SOLVE ALL THESE PROBLEMS -
1. Refined Sugars and Artificial Sweeteners - You can swap these out with
a. Stevia - 150% sweeter than sugar - Some have a weird after taste... find a different one that doesn't have an after taste... I've bought some that were awesome and some that weren't great. But this is a top choice for sweeteners because the stevia leaf doesn't metabolize to glucose and negatively affect your blood glucose levels which means it doesn't negatively affect your weight.
b. Xylitol - This is a 1:1 replacement for sugar and despite it's weird name, it's actually good for your teeth, stabalizes insulin and hormone levels, and promotes good health. This actually has 40 percent fewer calories than sugar and without the insulin releasing effects of sugar so also helps in weight loss.
c. Raw Honey - This is huge in the area of digestive health. Honey does not ferment in the stomach because it is easily absorbed. It also helps with bacterial invasion. If you source local raw honey it will also help with allergies, infections and arthritis.
c. Coconut Netctar - Coconut Nectar is extremely low on the the Glycemic scale and also contains 17 amino acids, minerals, vitamin C, and broad spectrum B Vitamins, not to mention it has a nearly 7.0 pH level.
d. Maple Syrup - This promotes great heart health. The Zinc inside acts as an antioxidant which has other functions that decrease the progression of atherosclerosis.
2. Hydrogenated Oils - Grapeseed oil or coconut oil are great alternatives. I've also seen avacado oil. These oils can be heated above 250 degrees and used for cooking. But what about Olive Oil, you're probably asking... well olive oil although it can be good for you, it can't be heated above 250 degrees without giving off a black smoke which is actually bad for you. You've killing off all the vitamins and nutrients and turning something that was once good for you into something bad for you. Also don't use Margarine. Use Organic Butter... it is actually REALLY good for you. Organic butter has Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) which is a natural fat burner...
3. Processed Grains / The white stuff - What about bread? Well try to stick to Sprouted Grain Bread. Sprouted Grains don't require the use of flour in the ingredients to make the bread. Ezekial bread is the main company here however there are several others rising to the surface... I bought some Flax Max bread the other day and it was AWESOME for toast... For things like pasta, try to stick to brown rice or quinoa pasta noodles and make the sauce yourself. Look for our pasta sauce recipe Blog for how to do that. It's basically tomatoes in a blender with a few other things. super simple.
4. Pasterized Dairy - Find unpasturized alternatives. Unpasterized milk is DELICIOUS. There are also other milks you can use too like almond milk, coconut milk, goat's milk, etc. and same thing with Cheeses, butter... ALWAYS look for unpasterized and this can turn from something really horrible for you to something FREAKING AMAZING for you. There are some really AMAZING vendors that make almond and coconut milk... one bad vendor doesn't mean the whole category is bad for you... try a few different vendors until you're like... okay this is the one I want. OH an Hemp Milk... that's another one. Hemp milk is full of rich sweet taste and full of Amino Acids, Vitamin A, Magnesium, phsphorus, zinc, iron, and lots of calcium. Try to stay away from Soy Milk. Soy milk affects your body the same way female hormone estrogen does. This can be linked to problems with their thyroids and possibly even fertility.
5. Conventional Meat and Eggs - Buy Grass fed or Green Fed beef and eggs. Your food eating nutrients from the grass... and not being injected with maximum strength cow antibiotics are going to yield much better results. The fats will help you burn fat, become more lean and build more muscle faster.
6. Food Additives - Anything labeled "yellow 5" just don't consume it... when did a color plus a number become an ingredient? That should be the first sign that something is wrong here... why not yellow 10? If Yellow 5 is good for you... is Yellow 10 twice as good for you? What weird chemical did they get right after 5 tries?
Well that's it... now back to your regularly scheduled workout radio and best workout music, and exercise music radio programming! Sorry I had to put so many key words in my blogs and truthfully... this article contained like zero of them.... so watch this, I'll even do it again, Best workout music, Exercise Music and Workout Radio. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH I am unstoppable... I'll be the top search inside google's search bar sooner rather than later. haha. Having fun with the blog as I write it... I mean how hard could be it to be the top search for Best Workout Music or Best Exercise Music or any of the other search results. I mean workout radio seems like it should be SUPER easy to be the top search for but we are still climbing... climbing and climbing... I think workout radio is the one where we are really performing well.... but you know.... it's always tough to tell because Best Workout Music is always the one most people search... so if you can get up there on the search board for that it will drive a lot of traffic from your site to the other site and honestly it would be super awesome if this was just my main focus in life. If I could just run a workout radio station... that would be awesome. My other line of work of designing recording studios, broadcast facilities with Bradley Thomas Design Group or BTDG as I like to call it, it's cool... and I will always love the feeling of being done with a project and taking photos but honestly... It would be way more fun to run a successful best workout radio station on the planet which supplies the best workout music known to man and each individual user. Or why not do both? I don't see any reason why I can't double dip on these decisions and do two jobs. I feel like doing two jobs is how you get your life away from the mundane tasks of doing the same job 9-5pm everyday forever... people get burned out and then want to leave somewhere between 2-5 years and do something different. Then they actually do something different for 2-5 years but find out that it wasn't as cool as running the best workout music and exercise music radio station. See there it is again... look at that... I'm hitting all the keywords on this rant several times over! Woot Woot! Okay I'm done... if you actually read of that rant, i'm impressed because I am just typing now which is really just filler in the blog... the organic meat and patatoes are really in the ingredients list this is just to get more people coming to the site by trying to gain more and more S E O or search engine optimization on google. It's a tough world out there and you can't blame a guy for writing a blog in hopes of being able to live his dream of running the best workout music radio station known to man which provides the best exercise music known to man while he runs the best workout radio station ever imagined and or created.