Sweet Potato Fries RECIPE
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! People who just don't run the best fitness music and best workout music radio station... WE ACTUALLY CARE about you and your fitness journey! That's right... well today we are talking about diet... it's 85% of the entire equation and the thing most people struggle with the most... a lot of people are always wondering how... how on earth do you eat healthy, enjoy yourself, have enough energy to make it through the day, and accomplish EPIC workouts and things... well it's a tough balance... and one of those equations is Carbs... everyone struggles with them... they give you energy, they can kind of make you fat if you eat the wrong ones with bad ingredients... So how do we flip the script and eat healthy carbs, enjoy the food that we are eating AND get in all the necessary carbs... Well... the big answer... Sweet Potato Fries... O-M-G... SO DELICIOUS.
Here's the recipe.
1 or 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes
1/4 cup of grapeseed oil or coconut oil
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 425 (maybe 450).
- Peel Sweet Potatoes and cut into strips - Amazon sells some awesome tools for this.
- Place Peeled Sweet Potatoes into a sealed plastic bag like a ziplock bag large enough to hold everything.
- Put all ingredients into the ziplock seal-able bag.
- Put on the song Shake It by Metro Station... If you don't own that song you can listen to it on youtube. Here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wjFahULCK8
- Take the seal-able zip log back with all the ingredients in it and shake it, roll it, dance with it, spin it around, throw it in the air like a pizza pie, have some fun with it until the end of the song (roughly about three minutes)
- Empty the completely covered and seasoned sweet potato fries onto a baking sheet in a single layer... make sure they aren't one on top of the other unless you're trying to make a super man fry in an effort to become super man... then... well go wild and let us know if it works.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes and turn the fries every 10 minutes to make sure even cooking.
So here's the breakdown of why this is going to MAJORLY help you on your fitness journey.
Sweet Potatoes - This is a starchy carb as opposed to a sugary carb. Which doesn't affect your blood glucose levels. That ultimately is what makes you fat according to Harvard Medical Schools study of glycemic index and glycemic load. So you don't have to take our word for it... but you should probably take Harvard Medical School's word for it.
2. Grapeseed Oil or Coconut Oil - These are full of healthy fats which also give your body energy. Eating healthy fats trains your body to start burning fats as opposed to carbs to gain energy. The obvious benefit of this is that then your body burns more fats. It's one of the keys to low carb diets... is that then your body is forced to switch to burning fats for energy and you slim down. There's also numerous other health benefits such as all the vitamins and nutrients that grapeseed oil and coconut oil give you.
NOTE: We left olive oil out of this because you shouldn't really cook with it... when it's applied to a heat above 275 degrees which is a pretty low cooking temperature, it burns off all the nutrients and vitamins (you'll see black smoke coming off the frying pan) and denatures the oil into something not very healthy at all. It's great for salad dressings but when cooking try to stick to Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, or Avacado Oil... All of these you can cook without having to worry...
3. Sea Salt - Potassium, Iron, Calcium ... OH MY... these things will help you be able to perform without cramping up. You need some sodium in your life.
4. Paprika - This contains Antioxidants which help overcome a risk of heart disease and cancer among many other health benefits including but not limited to, helping the immunity, and alleviating gas... which is important... if you're on a high protein diet and trying to go on a date with someone you have a crush on... Or want to hang out with your significant other... Or maybe you're giving a presentation standing up in a board meeting while everyone else is sitting down and don't want to blast one directly into your boss' face, or maybe you do (if so you don't have to add paprika)... i don't know... but chances are you don't... a high protein diets give you gas... just a fact of life... for their sake... and your own sake... eat a little paprika.
5. Cinnamon - WHAT CAN WE NOT SAY ABOUT THIS AMAZING SPICE? Lowers blood sugar levels which help you lose weight, it's packed with anti-oxidants, it helps prevent from heart disease, It's an anti-inflammatory, helps fight fungal and bacterial infections, and recent studies have shown it may help in fighting HIV... It also helps you boost everything that is awesome about you. Which sounds like a cheasy used car salesman sales pitch BUT... it can help you boost your testosterone... which is a bad word for women and it really shouldn't be... honestly... It doesn't mean that you're going to look like a roid'ed out jock from high school... it just means you have the bio-availability to build more muscle and get in better shape... how you choose to eat is up to you but that's ultimately what is going to give you the figure you want... not how much testosterone you have, can produce, or anything else. Lift heavy, work hard, but if you're not eating enough protein to gain a lot of muscles, you won't... those muscles need to be fed and are super hard to keep... so you can do all of this without any fear of that unless that's what you want and at any moment if you get too muscular and want to cut down... you can do that too... it's literally the easiest thing to do. You literally just have to do nothing. BUT with better testosterone, you can workout harder, build more muscle, get better sleep, have better sex, have more energy throughout the day, be happier if that's what you choose to do with that energy... It's all up to you and how you want to paint the images in your world. You can paint them with the happy paint brush... or you can paint them with a cold, negative, and angry paint brush... I've done both in my life... and the choice is really up to you. :) So... eat some Cinnamon and move on...
And that's pretty much it... I'm going to go add Shake It to a cooking channel on Murph Workout Radio which is growing by leaps and bounds right now... new listeners everyday... all the time... every week. We thank you for tuning into the best fitness music radio station. We truly love our job of helping people with their energy levels, fitness, mindset because what a better world we would all live in if we all executed upon and accomplished our dreams, hopes, gifts, and lived a life where everything was awesome... The whole purpose of Murph Workout radio is to bring you the best workout music known to man while shaping your mind body and soul in the process in the most efficient way so we can spend our working hours in the pursuit of the things that matter most to us.